HireMerge is currently looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join a startup in Tysons Corner in the DC metro area. This is an exciting role as you will be heavily involved in laying the foundation and contributing to every aspect of a product’s lifecycle. This is a permanent, direct-hire position!
We are looking for someone creative and curiosity-driven to deliver optimally on the development needs of a startup!
At the convergence of several startups and larger companies, we're embarking on a new venture to build a successful business that exponentially increases efficiency through industry-leading technology. We build software products for the Human Resources Industry in the mobile and web space. Our financial stability provides a secure foundation to explore new markets and tackle this new venture with the most innovative approach. By building products from the ground up, we are able to use the latest development frameworks to realize outstanding, exciting finished products.
- Participate in architectural choices and other technical decisions with seasoned software engineers. Find the best tools and libraries. Target cutting-edge technologies.
- Code fearlessly, hands-on. Review others' code. Find bugs, fix bugs. Enjoy a codebase free of technical debt and thrive to keep it this way. Enforce best practices. Understand user feedback. Write the very first lines of code of the POCs products and features, MVPs and everything down the road.
- Contribute to the full application lifecycle, in an Agile, pragmatic and open-minded environment. Think fast, fail fast, fail often, always interact. Be a self-starter, enthusiastic about improving your skill set.
- Share your passion and excitement. Be a key player in the journey to build innovative software in the Human Resources industry. Drive the company culture to infinity and beyond.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or a boot camp plus 2 years of experience
- 3 years of recent full stack development working experience with most of the tools/languages below. **This does not include boot camps and school projects.
- 1 year of startup experience preferred
Our team has a background in Microsoft Technologies, Angular, and many others. The following are strongly considered for our development stack and we are looking for someone with experience with many of them:
- Frameworks/Libraries/ Toolset: ASP.NET CORE, ASP.NET (MVC & Web API), Angular 4+, React, jQuery, Bootstrap, Semantic UI
- Data: SQL, Entity Framework (and EF Core), Azure Storage and Document DB, ETL, Analytics and Reporting, DNN
- Mobile: Xamarin, Others (to be determined)
- Cloud/Infrastructure: Azure VM, Azure Web App, Azure Functions, AWS, SendGrid, IIS
- Toolset: Visual Studio 2015+, ReSharper, Visual Studio Online, OneNote Patterns: MVC, IoC, TDD, DDD, SOA, Multi-threading
- Source Control: TFS, Git Visual & UX: Photoshop, PowerPoint, Balsamiq, UX-Ready
- Others: Google AdWords/Analytics, Code reviews, Documentation, Outsourcing
Aside from the opportunity to join a great team, here are more reasons why you will want to apply:
- Benefits and EQUITY!
- Work from a vibrant, trendy, glamorous and well-known shared workspace: Fancy coffee, beer on tap, games, relaxed dress code and ambitious people...
- Great gym downstairs and restaurants across the street.
Submit your resume along with a few lines why this is the role for you!
*Candidates must be US Citizens or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
*NO third parties
Send your resume to Sharla Borden at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!