We are seeking a Windows Network Engineer to work in Falls Church, VA. The candidate will help deploy physical security solutions on client networks. This role involves working with internal teams and with external stakeholders to design, configure and troubleshoot IP endpoints for video and access control. This person will be part of a team that bridge physical security and cloud solutions and this role offers an opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
As part of this team, you will be empowered to make decisions on deliverables outlined for delivery. We are looking for someone who is strong technically with the ability to communicate specifications to a non-technical audience. This position will require up to 10% travel.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on IP products. Maintain a deep understanding of IP networks and the basics behind the Internet and its workings. This must extend beyond just knowing how to set up switches and routers.
- Assist and advise field install/service teams and regional administrators to successful deploy video cameras and network recorders on client networks.
- Work with clients on setting up a single sign on solution using Active Directory. Onboard users and groups using our AD adaptors/agents.
- Collaborate with customer’s IT, network and cyber-security teams to ensure solutions are deployed per client’s policies. Advise on merits of alternative approaches to help clients choose the best architecture for their needs.
- Troubleshoot and investigate connectivity, routing and authentication issues working with internal and external teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with at least 3 years of experience or Associates Degree with 5 years of experience.
- At least one of CompTIA Net+, MCSA/MCSE or CCNA/CCNP.
- Familiarity with network protocols such as DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, VPN, email routing, NAT and firewalls is necessary.
- Experience with Active Directory administration tools.
- Experience setting up firewalls, routers and switches and securing them.
- Good documentation/technical writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good typing skills and ability to operate a standard computer terminal and keyboard.
- Ability to work well in a group.
US citizenship required.