Sales and BD Account Manager
We are currently recruiting an Account Manager who will be responsible for account management and sales across the Americas (U.S., Canada, Mexico and South America) for our client’s subscription-based online knowledge database. You will target marketing executives at the world’s largest brand names, advertising agencies, research agencies and media agencies. They enable the industry to make smarter advertising through access to the best thinking, the best research and the best practice globally. Our client is a highly visible, knowledge database company that is privately held, and UK-based with an additional office in Singapore. This position is based in D.C. and involves limited travel. Most account management and sales work is conducted through phone and Web-demo outreach.
Our client boasts the world’s top advertisers, advertising and media agencies and media organizations as their client base, and provides them with expertise and insight on marketing campaigns and use cases around the globe. Our client, a small group that is part of a larger International UK based firm has tremendous visibility nationally and internationally. They have brand-name clients and are considered to be a truly incredible, high performing group of industry experts. This is a tremendous opportunity to make a direct impact on a high-growth company. Targeting senior marketing executives at major corporate brand owners and agencies, the role will involve prospecting, product demonstrations, relationship building, proposal development and presentation, contract negotiations and closing deals.
Account Manager Roles and Responsibilities:
- Consultative selling of products and services to the brand owner/corporate community in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and South America.
- Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory; acquire new clients successfully and negotiate to expand memberships for existing
- Meet and exceed monthly and annual revenue targets.
- Maintain and update a sales pipeline and monthly/annual revenue forecasts, as required by Sales Director.
- Establish and conduct the necessary industry, institution and client research
- Implement a structured and consultative approach to prospecting, and qualify potential institutions and clients.
- Present our client’s product and services with high degree of professionalism to prospective clients.
- Ensure a high degree of attention to detail in all aspects of sales administration.
- Proactively identify opportunities to exploit developments or changes in the marketplace.
- Work with sales management to develop and write strategic sales plans, and execute stated goals and objectives.
- Four to seven years of experience in a professional services sales role
- Persuasiveness, executive presence and outstanding communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Patience, perseverance, enthusiasm and energy.
- Demonstrated PC skills and understanding of sales information systems (SalesForce)
- Genuine interest in and enthusiasm for our client’s content areas (marketing and advertising best practices)
- Successfully maintain ongoing interaction with various members of our internal cross-functional teams to ensure focus and delivery of services and solutions and striving for maximum customer satisfaction.
- Participate and contribute ideas and strategies at regularly scheduled sales and marketing meetings.
- Good research skills
- Interest in the global marketing and advertising industry
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with marketing/advertising; Bachelor’s degree
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Webinar/Web-based presentation software)
Total compensation package includes a competitive base salary in the $60-75 range plus monthly commission that should take you to $120K-150K OTE-UNCAPPED! Plus, great benefits.