HireMerge is currently recruiting a Sr. Software Engineer to work remotely from Baltimore, MD or Washington, DC. We are looking for someone to join an EdTech digital content company focused on B2C and B2B target customer base with an online marketplace designed for teachers for sharing, creating, and purchasing premium educational content.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, thinking out of the box, teamwork, and self-organization. The candidate must have a strong web development background. This candidate will help put in place the engineering team and processes to propel the client into the top ranks of EdTech companies in both B2B and B2C spaces.
This is an opportunity for the individual to participate in the client’s technical direction. The candidate will coordinate the efforts of a number of independent developers and perhaps a small vendor team building a Wordpress/PHP based marketplace as well as the client’s J2EE/Groovy-based student assessment platform. The candidate will learn and OWN the client’s code and create DevOps processes. We are looking for someone to drive development and QA. In addition, the candidate will select or build tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations, and show leadership in troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related discipline
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Software Engineer
- 5 years of software development with J2EE, Groovy, and PHP
- Expert-level code experience with PHP (especially custom coding in Wordpress/Woocommerce) and/or Groovy
- Experience with automated configuration management
- Must be comfortable with a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, including functional knowledge of AWS and Git (BitBucket)
- Experience with SQL and MySQL
- Ability to improve software engineering and operations practices
- Ability to work with multiple company teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a range of technologies
- Must stay on top of tech trends, and experiment with and learn new technologies
- Must be equally as comfortable deep in the code as crafting and driving the technology roadmap many months ahead.
This client offers a great benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability and a remote work option.